Jerusalem Film Festival’s closing event will feature outdoor screening of ‘The Godfather’ in front of Old City walls with live symphonic orchestra.
The Israeli audience is about to get “an offer it can’t refuse,” as Don Corleone would say.
One of the most famous and popular cinema classics in history, “The Godfather,” is coming to Jerusalem in a way Israelis have never seen before: On a huge screen at the Sultan’s Pool, in front of the Old City walls, with a live symphonic orchestra which will play the immortal music of Italian composer Giovanni “Nino” Rota.
“The Godfather” is the first part of Francis Ford Coppola’s successful trilogy, which changed the crime film genre for good. The 1972 film stars Marlon Brando, who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his portrayal of Vito Andolini Corleone (referred to as “Godfather” or “Don Corleone”).
The film will be screened as part of the closing event of the Jerusalem Film Festival, which will take place on a Saturday evening on July 18 in front of an audience of thousands of people.
OK friends..what are your favorite quotes from the flick? Whaddya mean you never saw it??!!!lol
Who wants to go to Jerusalem for the viewing? Heck. I’ll bring the popcorn. heh.
Meerkat allows Twitter users to stream video of themselves or their surroundings to their followers with just the touch of a button. How does it work? You download the app to your iPhone and begin filming a video clip. At the same time, your Twitter account will automatically post a Tweet with a special link.
“There are plenty of live video technologies that put out amazing products that will stream something happening in beautiful quality from the most remote place on Earth; however our goal is to bring live video, as a medium, to everyone in the most consumable and engaging way.”
Israeli technology to reach every Facebook user:
The popular social network recently launched a new application allowing the owners of any type of cellular phone with Internet access – even the simplest ones – to easily access their Facebook account.
Facebook: Love it or hate it…Israel has done it again.
For those of Y’all keeping track…
Can you believe THIS?
Israel the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can lay claim to the following:
* The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.
* Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel.
* Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor were entirely designed, developed and produced in Israel.
* The Pentium microprocessor in your computer was most likely made in Israel
* Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.
* Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel
* The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
* Israel ‘s $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined .
* Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.
* According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry’s most impenetrable flight security. US officials now look (finally) to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.
* Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
* Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin – 109 per 10,000 people — as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.
* In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the U.S. (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).
* With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world — apart from the Silicon Valley, U.S.
* Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the U.S.
* Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.
* Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East.
* The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
* On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.
* Twenty-four per cent of Israel’s workforce holds university degrees, ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland and 12 per cent hold advanced degrees.
* Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
* In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews (Operation Solomon) at Risk in Ethiopia, to safety in Israel.
* When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world’s second elected female leader in modern times.
* When the U. S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day — and saved three victims from the rubble.
* Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship — and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 – in the world.
* Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity. (Hundreds of thousands from the former Soviet Union)
* Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as “conflict free.”
* Israel has the world’s second highest per capita of new books.
* Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was achieved in an area considered mainly desert.
* Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.
* Medicine… Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
* An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
* Israel’s Given Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, cancer and digestive disorders .
* Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the camera helps doctors diagnose heart’s mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
* Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U. S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.
* A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the Clear Light device, produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct — all without damaging surrounding skin or tissue.
* An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern California’s Mojave desert.
* All the above while engaged in regular wars with an implacable enemy that seeks its destruction, and an economy continuously under strain by having to spend more per capita on its own protection than any other county on earth.
WASHINGTON — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has declined an invitation by Senate Democrats to meet during his visit to Washington next week, citing fears it might “compound the misperception of partisanship” surrounding the trip.
Fictional Palestine should be completely discredited for all the world to see…(but don’t hold your collective breath with Hussein O in charge.) .
“Negotiating with them?”
Right…How bout you “negotiate” with your executioner eh.
Oh yes…Can you please please please use a duller knife.
What freedom lovers those Muzlims are.
Perhaps it’s time to have a look back to what someone prophesied back on Sept 11 of a different decade.
Sept. 11, 1973: (Note the date)
Israel Police minister Shlomo Hillel speaking to the International Police Association about confronting terrorism (including aviation terrorism).
“Surrender to terrorism,” said Hillel “results not only in the decline of the value of law but also degrades every international moral authority, encourages the growth of murder, terrorism and global extortionism, and pushes the world into a state of anarchy and chaos.”
A political science BA from the University of Oregon, the 27-year-old ba’al tshuva reggae rapper is probably the only musician around capable of undertaking the long hours of research involved in making the extremely informative, catchy six-minute song.
His father abandoned the family when the child was an infant, His mother became a prostitute and the boy and his sister had to live with their grandmother.
Early in life he proved to be gifted for music and with three other kids he sang in the streets of New Orleans. His first gains were the coins that were thrown to them.
A Jewish family, Karnofsky, who had immigrated from Lithuania to the USA had pity for the 7-year-old boy and brought him into their home.
Initially given ‘work’ in the house, to feed this hungry child. There he remained and slept in this Jewish families home where, for the first time in his life he was treated with kindness and tenderness.
When he went to bed, Mrs. Karnovsky sang him a Russian Lullaby that he would sing with her.
Later, he learned to sing and play several Russian and Jewish songs.
Over time, this boy became the adopted son of this family.
The Karnofskys gave him money to buy his first musical instrument; as well the custom in the Jewish families. They sincerely admired his musical talent. Later, when he became professional musician and composer, he used these Jewish melodies in compositions, such as St. James Infirmary and Go Down Moses.
The little black boy grew up and wrote a book about this Jewish family who had adopted him in 1907.
In memory of this family and until the end of his life, he wore a star of David and said that in this family he had learned “how to live real life and determination.”
You might recognize his name.
This little boy was called Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong.
With all the horror around us friends..I needed THIS baddo.
Give a listen. It will help you heal and soar..Trust me on this.
Blessings to each and every one of you keeping the Faith through these frightening times.
In Feburary 2012, A team from The United West was in Israel and interviewed Pastor Umar Mulinde at the Sheba Hospital in Tel Aviv.
Ok, satiated Americans and other global inhabitants, it’s time for the Ji-had Challenge of the Day. I’ll give you the ANSWER and you provide the QUESTION.
Here is the answer – IS=LAM.
Now, what is the question?
Well, if you gave the following question you are correct!
What is the unifying consistent for situations where a Christian Pastor has acid thrown in his face by Mus-lims in Uganda; Mus-lim brothers are beheading their Mus-lim brothers in an internecine war in Syria; Mus-lim warriors are kidnapping young girls in Africa and selling them- as sex slaves; Mus-lims are trying to blow up more buildings in New York; Mus=lims are initiating genocide on Christians in Iraq; and Mus-lims in Gaza are targeting Jewish civilians in their effort to destroy Israel.
In as much as our lefty heroes of academia are now choking on their tofu, not believing that someone actually used the term “Is–lam” in a sentence without killing its essence by the death of a thousand qualifications, the uncomfortable fact remains, at least forensically.
Certainly, other unifying constants include the breathing of oxygen and chewing with teeth, but for the mildly curious, those factors just don’t seem to get someone all ji-haded up enough to enjoy watching the blood of life flow from hapless teenage girls. No, there has to be something else and that something else is graphically illustrated subjectively and objectively in this short interview with Pastor Umar Mulinde.
Nevertheless, please watch and listen to this amazing Christian man as he independently makes the case to the West that this current battle “the Jews are fighting over there,” is actually one small component of the fight that the West is engaged in against Is-lamic ji-had.
Therefore, it is intellectually and materially essential that all countries and people who hold to the Judeo-Christian values of Western Civilization stand with Israel in her critical defining moment fighting not just against some “wide-eyed” HAM-AS terrorists who just want to have jihad sex with seventy-two virgins, but indeed understanding the global ramifications of this war and realizing that were Israel to lose, which means anything short of complete destruction of HAM-AS, then coming to a theatre near you, regular doses of sulfuric acid to the face and other vital areas of the West.
Pastor Umar Mulinde. God bless you mightily.
THIS is how the mainstream media reports on the Muzlim Brothahood takeover of Libya and Tunisia:
‘This is the first time in my life I’ve truly voted. It is something extraordinary’ !!
Oh yes extraordinary indeed.
Ennahda’s fortunes could have a bearing on Egyptian elections set for next month in which the Mus-lim Brotherhood, an ideological ally, also hopes to emerge strongest. An Ennahda victory would be the first such success in the Arab world since Hamas won a 2006 Palestinian vote.
Ah yes….Muzlims voted Ham-ASS into power.
For the baby slashing, children killing, civilian slaughterers: Ham-ASS.
But Of course Buraq Hussein is pulling our troops out of Iraq, where Christian-cide is ongoing just like in ahem…newly “freed” Egypt.
Iran’s threat looms and I said from Day One…
Iraq will never be anything but another Sha-riah Hellhole.
But more Arab springing and jumpin all ovah the world.
NO JEWS ALLOWED IN ANY OF THEIR SO CALLED DEMOCRACIES.
CHRISTIANS SLAUGHTERED AND BURNED ALIVE..
but hey…THEY’RE VOTING!!
THE ARAB SPRING:the term du jour for the flat out chaos and anti Christian, anti-semitic fest in the Middle East.
The Jew and Christian hating 22 Arab countries have no history of “constitutional rule” period. And you can bet your infidel tuchus that “Consitutional rule” aint goin’ to “spring” from Muzlims anytime soon…no wait..Make that EVER.
(Note the swastika keffiyah shmata on his head.)
Christians and Jews will never even be offered a modicum of civil rights..and as as far as women and self proclaimed homo-se-xuals…..Uh uh.
Not exactly welcome in their totalitarian political ideology guys and dolls.
And not part of the “springing” and jumpin up n down apparently.
A persevering culture, which is grounded in the Judeo-Christian view of morality, emphasizing the moral worth of each individual– is the very first prerequisite of democracy.
And err…um….Not a single Muzlim country on God’s green earth is blessed with such a resplendent culture… and furthermore…no Arab country shows even the slightest sign of even moseying in that direction.
And guess what guys and dolls..
The more things change..the more they……….
In loving memory of all the thousands wounded and killed by Jeehad.. WE WILL NOT SUBMIT.
Spare us the pieties and righteous indignation of Europe. The final solution turned out to be Israel and they can’t handle it.
Europe is in an uproar. Frankfurt, Germany is rioting, along with France, the UK and in other places where where it’s Springtime for Hitler all over again.
But even over here in America the streets are filling up with hateful marches and slogans against the Jewish State.
Much of this is triggered by Mus-lims who arrive here with a grudge and stay with a grudge.
But also…television termite Jon Stewart sleeps comfortably in his own bed but can find no heart for a million Jewish children who must spend half their lives running for cover as rockets keep raining down from Gaza.
Thousands of Israeli children have been so traumatized over the years from relentless bombardment that they’re afraid to leave their bomb shelters – ever.
Television imbecile Geraldo Rivera has likewise been heard from – a self-proclaimed “passionate Zionist” so long as the Jewish State refrains from defending herself.
Thank you, Europe, for reminding us why America was discovered just in time and why Israel was redeemed many generations too late.
You dare judge Israel? In your deportations, your expulsions, your forced conversions, your inquisitions, your pogroms, finally your Holocaust you have no moral authority over Israel or even within your own borders. You gave all that up from 1492 to 1942 and beyond.
Not exactly the word that leaps to mind.
Let us dissect the Lib Christian and Jew haters’ plan shall we?
Ah yes…Reform Rabbis and Episcopalian latter-day shamans and oracles of our modern world….embracing Shaaariah and Dhimmitude in all its ahem…glory.
–Here are some talkin points from the deceivers who really can’t quite contain their hidden Agenda:
“The only other place where such a thing exists is Jerusalem,” said Dr. Sy-ed Moh-iuddin,……. Moh-iuddin’s organization, the American Institute of Is-lamic Studies and Culture, is building a mosque on the campus.
“Jerusalem is so important to these three faiths. We are sort of reproducing that model.”
Ummm……Jerusalem is so important to these three faiths.?
Since when does Jerusalem have anything whatsoever to do with Izlam?
Hard-core turbo lefties re writing the history of Israel.
–How bout this lil tidbit?
“I don’t personally take offense because I recognize that a small, tiny minority of Muslims have caused people to fear, and the press in the United States has not helped,” he said. “We think the best way to combat that is to let people get to know us and not be afraid.”
Clue #1: Muzlims routinely destroy property, threaten death and bodily harm to those who speak out against them, and they constantly fund terrorism throughout the world.
But who’s counting eh?
Apparently not “Moderate” Muzlims.
But But But ………….it’s the American Press that is to blame.
–And needless to say..
Muzlims playin the BLAME GAME:
……the task could prove particularly challenging for the American Institute of Islamic Studies and Culture, a new not-for-profit devoted to countering the image of violent Is-lam in American society..
Not devoted to eliminating Izlamic terror but ………..Countering the “image of violent Is-lam” in American society?
All MuZlim societies —-Pakistan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Gaza, Iraq, Algeria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc etc etc……………… remain the most violent, brutal, impoverished and benighted cultures on earth.
But it’s an “image” problem?
Rrrright. The poison pill swallowed whole by self hating Reform Jews and Episcopalians in Omaha.
–Ohhh and now the Jooooooooish issue:
But there also have been moments of tension, such as when the Jewish Federation of Omaha’s newspaper, the Jewish Press, publicized the fact that Naser Z. Alsharif, an American of Palestinian descent who serves on the Tri-Faith board, signed on to a boycott of Israeli academic and cultural institutions.
Oh an anti Israel, anti-semite in their ranks?
Scratch a so called “Moderate”..and what do you find.
“We are all Good.
The Jews (and Christians) are very bad.
The U.S. is great Satan, Israel is little Satan….UGA UGA UGA.”
And shame on America for not wanting a mosque aka terrorist cell on the site of Ground Zero… or the IDF for fighting against all those ahem “innocent peace activists” who are just carrying a plate of cookies and a white flag towards us infidels no doubt.
Muzzlims Blamed for the Sept 11 terrorist attacks?
Um…that’s because they perpetrated them fool.
Oooops. Wer’e supposed to say Radical Isssssssslam, right?
Oh and not for nothin but has any Muzzzzlim “leader”, radical or not…….. ever apologized for 9-11? EVER?
Any imaaaaaaaam apologize for the barbarians people who murdered, firebombed embassies and rioted because they didn’t like some um.. “cartoons”?
Any huge rally by the alleged millions of ahem..”moderate” Muzlims denouncing all the horror their co-religionists have wrought?
The root cause of terrorism you ask?
Simple: It is its success – given to it by its willing victims.
WE WILL NOT SUBMIT.
Daily life for Israeli children:
The Congregation of Zion church in Stockton, California is showing solidarity with Israel during Operation Protective Edge by staging a mock air raid drill that allows members to experience what Israelis are going through as civilians run for cover from Hamas rockets aimed indiscriminately at population centers.
The video of the air raid drill, posted on YouTube and covered by the Times of Israel, has gone viral:
The church’s website devotes an entire section to “Standing with Israel,” declaring: “We believe Israel is God’s special people, distinct from the body of Messiah, chosen by Him to be a holy nation and a kingdom of priests.”
Gild Shaharr, age 16.
Naftali Frenkel, age 16.
Eyal Yifrach, age19.
Forgive me friends for I do NOT know what to feel.
What do you feel?
Sickened? Enraged beyond measure? What, praytell?
THIS is how the savages reacted to the kidnapping: Handing out candy!
The most despicable JEW haters on the face of the Earth get another free pass..at doing what they do best: HATING and killing infidels in cold blood.
Ah yes..the ever so easily “offended” class………..
Say whatever you wish about Jesus, but don’t you dare draw a MuuuhaMAD cartoon.
WHERE ARE THE people of conscience’s VOICES.. did you hear any outcry yet? Any media frenzy?
And….In other Muzlim newz that the NY Times will nevah report:
Abbas vows: No room for Israelis in Palestinian state.
“We have frankly said, and always will say: If there is an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital, we won’t agree to the presence of one Israeli in it,” Abbas told reporters in Ramallah.
If that’s not the Doozie of the Day, I don’t know what is.
(Those pesky lil things Liberals jus hate to deal with…)
-The Arabs stole Israel once, in what they themselves admittedly called a “war of annihilation” in 1948.
-They “occupied” it for nineteen years and then launched another “war of annihilation” again– against Israel in 1967.
But this time they…errr… lost.
What did they do in Jerusalem during those 19 years.
Um…Can you say Nothing?
Oh wait…that’s wrong. They desecrated every Jewish Holy site including the destruction of every one of the 57 synagogues.
What they did not do, was call Jerusalem their capital. That was and by the way—-still is -Amman.
Oh..and speakin of discrimination and hatred and Apartheid…. Arabs did not allow free access to people of all Faiths.
Shocker, I know.
That, sweet friends has only EVER occurred under evil, Zionist Israeli sovereignty.
Israel has allowed one million Arabs in their one tiny Jewish state.
Why, I have no clue.
The rabidly anti Christian and anti Jewish Muzlims -have twenty-two states with almost no Jews, and Christians leaving in droves.
In Jordan, which was created in 1920 exclusively for those poor put upon “Palestine” Arabs— Jews were banned.
Jordan has NOT ONE JEW.
See any “so called liberals” marching and demonstrating on the streets against this RACIST, apartheid Judenrein state? Don’t answer that.
And along comes the typical “Moderate Muzlim” : Abbas, proposing what ALL Muzlims do: ethnic cleansing of Jews.
And no one bats an eye(lash).
Who’s gunna give Abbas the memo that Jesus was not born on this day in an ethnically cleansed “Palestinian” state?
Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.
Shoud I repeat that 300 times or say it 10X fast?
HATE HATE HATE.
“It’s all good” as long as IzlamoNazis are the ones spewing insult and injury, right?
And yet another three beautiful souls stolen by these monsters…….
Dearest precious familes and friends of Gilad, Naftali and Eyal:
We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
May the good Lord comfort you with the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
FAIR USE: This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.