I know. I know. Not everyone luvvvvvvvvvs exercise like moi.
Soooooooo here are some ways to burn those calories without even realizin yar.
Exercise Without Knowin It eh?
Some sneaky tips. Heh.
1. Wash your car.
Embrace the summer heat—with a hose: Burn calories and make your car look beautiful as you wash, dry and get it (and you) buff.
How to Exercise Without Even Knowing It
2. Do your own yard work. Tell the teenage kid from down the street that you’ll mow your own lawn—and pay him to make some iced tea instead. While you’re at it, weed the vegetable garden and toss some new mulch around the perennials out front.
Take a Break
3. Reinstate the “water cooler.” Everyone needs a periodic work break, but instead of e-mailing witty quips to your buddy in the next office, walk to the water cooler to dish about the dude who got kicked off Project Runway last night.
4. Get started on that home-improvement project. Painting, hammering, hoisting—it’s all exercise (some of it moderate to vigorous, we’d say). And don’t discount all the walking that you’ll do as you wander around the big home-improvement warehouse looking for that specific hinge (or someone who can help you find it).
Take a Walk
5. Dog sit. For a puppy, ideally. You won’t be able to sit on the couch for long—unless you don’t care about your carpet—or your shoes.
6. Eat al fresco. Pack a picnic—one that requires schlepping a big ice-filled cooler across a field or a park. Bring a ball or a Frisbee for after-eating activities.
Sooooooooo, couch taters, which one did ya choose?
Whaddya mean ya didn’t choose? Pick one. Pick one.
O.K……….Washing your car are ya?
Eliminate THIS method first k?
And THIS one:
-Gitcher yerself need a steady supply of water, a good ole dirt-free cloth, and a proper car wash soap. No Dove. No scented body splash.
-Wash from the top down to reduce the chance of scratching that lovely finish.
-None of that harsh rubbing which is only going to grind dirt right into the finish, leaving scratches everywhere. Tsk tsk.
-Finally………Be generous with the rinse water to carry away all that nasty dirt.
How’s that comin from someone who never washed a car in her life? ha.
Yard work anyone?
Sorry, can’t help ya much there, me bein a tried and true City Girl.
This is when we dial 1-800-Gardener- Plz- help. Ha.
Where’s my contractor?!
Water Cooler Break
Oh. I’m down with that.
But ya gotta actually walk to the water cooler k. Faster dude.
And um………Don’t take the candy bar witcha.
Walkin the dog to burn calories?
That’s right. Choose a fast puppy.
Psssssssssst. THIS doesn’t count dude.
Or..THIS..ya wise guy. (and you know who you are)
Now, if ya choose this one, ya best be nibblin on veggies and tossin that frisbee not scarfin down fried chicken and napping k?
Alright now……….Who’s got ‘clean up’?
Now, don’t ya feel sooooooooo much better?
O.K. O.K. O.K. sheesh…, g’head..Eat somethin.
Leave a trackback of your best post for others to read.
All I request is that you return the favor by linking the article you wish to share …..to this post. Thanks!
And for my non-bloggin friends…feel free to mosey around and put your 2 cents in my comments and drop your pearls o’ widsom..Heh.